Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sweet Dreamer's Challange #6 Get Your Motor Running....

Sunday, September 6, 2009

Sweet Dreamers Challange #6......Get Your Motor Running.

UPDATE: Took the photo over again this morning with the morning sunlight. Much better but it enhances the fact that the blade wasn't sharp enough. You can barely see the jagged littled edge in real life but photo seems to make it larger than life.



As soon as I saw the thread I knew I was going to use a image/stamp with a motor cycle. Was searching for a Harley but didn't come across one. I used to own a 1967 Harley (Hog as they were called back then)...so using a bike was perfect for me.

I almost forgot that I hadn't completed the card. Super busy week...with not much spare time. Then grandson decided he wanted to spend the holiday weekend with me. Great fun. So I spotted the incomplete card sitting on the table and grabbed paper, adhesive and cardstock and proceeded to assemble the card.

Discovered way too late that the blade wasn't sharp enough to cut the Neenah Cardstock clean. Too late to start over.

Get card assembled, grab camera only to realize the sun was now almost set and I had no good lighting...almost golden.

Uploaded card but tomorrow will rephotograph is in the sunlight.

I used Neenah Solar White Cardstock, Black Cardstock and the image which I found online and love, was stamped on pale dove gray cardstock. I stamped using Memento Tuxedo Blank and the image was colored using Copic Markers, which I am getting more comfortable using. I don't know who the card is going to be for or what occasion so I left the sentiment off.

*you can click on image to see it enlarged*

Have a great night....

18 Comments:

  1. Vicki said...
    Oh Sande! Great image! Love it! You did an awesome job with this challenge card...especially when you had all that "help"! My granddaughter loves to help too! Blessings to you!
    Shelly Schmidt said...
    What an incredible image! Your coloring is beautiful-perfect challenge card! (I cannot see where the blade was not sharp). Have a great weekend!
    Paige said...
    Sande great card! Isn't it amazing all the little details (and time) that go into making a card, taking a pic of the card, and finally posting the card? It looks good!
    Mary G. said...
    Great challenge card!!!
    Kathy said...
    Love this image, perfect for the challenge. Can't see the edge you are talking about, everything looks great to me!
    Sew-Ink said...
    Very cute and its perfect for the challenge.
    Jackie said...
    I love your cards...very nice work!!
    Amanda said...
    This is a great image. Nice card.
    Heidi said...
    great masculine cards again, very nice.
    Michelle Forrest said...
    wonderful card!
    pezadoodle said...
    thats fantastic! when my cutter doesn't cut a clean edge i just pull out my fave paper edge distresser and make them all that way!
    Cindy said...
    Sande, Your card turned out wonderful! Great coloring!!
    Cheryl Walker said...
    Awesome job hun!!! Love your challenge card!!!! :)
    scrappypug said...
    what a fab card! super image too.
    Karli said...
    Yeah, not seeing what's wrong with it? It looks fab to me! Great job on the challenge!
    Amy said...
    Such a cute card! I love the stamp image! Great coloring!
    Michelle said...
    Great image! Love how you colored and framed it simply in black to make the picture really stand out. :)
    Gina said...
    Great image and great job coloring it.

Post a Comment