Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Whew! What a weekend. It just seemed to get away from me. Five days with a 11 year old and a 3 year old...and I am exhausted. By the time Mom came and picked them up last night, it was far to dark to even attempt to photograph my card for Sweet Dreams Challenge. Now we all know by now...my and the camera do not bond, so here is my futile attempt at photographing my card...of course, it looks much better in real life but I must say that after I followed a few tips (thanks to the ladies of Sweet Dreamers) this card did photograph much better than my first card. Think if life allows some free time I am going to play around with the camera and photographing stuff, this week.

Sweet Dreamers Challenge was to create something using a grid, so here's my take on the grid. Not sure why but when I read the challenge it reminded me of the woven Easter baskets we use to make in school, so the card started with that.

Challenge "The Grid".

I started by cutting 1/2 each strips in off white and light tan and woven those to the desired size. I flipped the woven page over and ran strips of carpet tape over the entire back to hold the woven portion together. This was then glued to a light cocoa cardstock, then a large swirl was heat embossed with white/gold embossing powder. The "thank you" was stamped using Memento Tuxcedo Black and a stamp from Micheals. in the corner. The lady was created using my Gocco Printing Machine in black and white and I colored her with Copic Markers (my first attempt using the markers). I love her necklace, it was made using one of the $1 punches from Micheals bin. I put a dot of black in the center of each flower then dabbed clear glitter glue in the flower center. I use the two papers from the woven section for these.

Hmm..not sure why it photographed the way it did but it makes it appear that the bottom of the card is narrower than that top...must be something that I did and never noticed until I posted it.

Now onto the next challenge....



12 Comments:

  1. Paige said...
    Wow! What patience you showed doing all that weaving, but the end result is awesome!
    Shelly Schmidt said...
    What a beautiful job with your card! Love it! TFS
    scrappypug said...
    wow- this is fantastic! I really love what you created!
    Cindy said...
    WOW! I just love your card!!
    She reminds me of Lucille Ball
    (I Love Lucy). Just fabulous!!!
    Heidi said...
    wow alot of work, great job.
    Kathy said...
    Love the weaving, great take on the grid concept. You photo looks really good, too. Your daughter and grandkids are lucky you spend so much time with them!
    Vicki said...
    Wonderful card, Sande! Great accents and love the image! Beautiful work! Blessings to you!
    LaLatty said...
    WOW! Your card is amazing, all that weaving sure looks like a lot of work, but so well worth it. Very creative!
    pezadoodle said...
    this is AWESOME! great job on our challenge!
    Marie said...
    Wow! Amazing work! It really pops right off the page. It must have taken you forever, but it was worth it. Beautiful card!
    Jessy said...
    The grid card is really neat, I dont think I have ever seen that done before. You did a fabulous job!! :-)
    TrishG said...
    Love the background weaving!

Post a Comment