Sunday, August 9, 2009

Sunday, August 9, 2009

Well my card is finished for the second challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers, we were to create a card using something recycled and though it didn't turn out exactly how I envisioned, its delicate and simple.

Just wasn't my day. I went to cut out Love with my Craft Robo and it decided that it was just too hot outside to work. Then I tried bonding with the camera....and that just is never going to happen. I've just never been a photo person...but am going to do some playing around with it this week. So the image does not do the card justice. Then when no else could go wrong....it did. The batteries in the camera were dead. Ok...toss batteries into the charger and wait. No big deal...just real life. lol!

I'd be open to any suggestion about how to photo the cards we create better. After 10 shots...this was the best I came up with...which really doesn't show any detail of the card.


As for the card....it's a gorgeous piece of dusty rose floral with a golden scrolling stamping over the background. It's a 6X6 inch card. On the right hand side is a poem I stamped using Memento Tuxcedo Black and heat set. On the right, is my recycled part of the challenge. I cut the top and bottom from a soda can and cut it out into floral. I then stamps the petals with Memento Black using a tiny leaf stamp (don't know the company...I got them for $1.00 at Micheals) and heat set the leaves. To the right of the metal flowers is a piece of sheer vanilla ribbon (I had gotten it on a bottle of perfume) that I found in my ribbon bin.

10 Comments:

  1. Mary G. said...
    Very pretty! You did a good job with the challenge!

    As far as taking pictures- I avoid it! (I'm just not very good at it!) I scan!
    Vicki said...
    Bless your heart, Sande! Your card looks very pretty. You go with the metal flowers!! Great job with the challenge! I'm no master picture taker but for my amateur pics I use a daylight lamp. It gives me truer color than any other source I have tried and no flash is needed. Blessings to you!
    Paige said...
    Sande, way to work the challenge! Over on Splitcoast there is a thread on photography with lots of great tips. Here is the link (I hope!)

    http://www.splitcoaststampers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=448961
    Heidi said...
    it looks like you are not setting your camera for a close shot. On my camera (depending on which one) I use the tulip setting or "close up" on the other one. Try that and you should see the picture clear.
    Janelle said...
    This comment has been removed by the author.
    Janelle said...
    I had to rewrite.

    Oh Sande, I just sulk when I have days like these. I am sure with a little bit of playing around with your camera your photography will soon get better. Sometimes my camera just wants to focus on everything in between the card and the background of the room, UGH! I turn it off and then back on and it works just fine.

    Check out the tutorial on SCS that Amy Sheffer has done about photographing your cards and projects. It's awesome. I believe it under the HTDT? forum. We had ran for three days and flooded our street gutters a few times. Now it's 90 degrees. I want fall too!

    BTW - Your description of your card tells a beautiful picture. I'm sure it's just great!

    Thanks for stopping by my blog!
    Cassie_lu said...
    from your writing the card sounds wonderful. the other ladies have given some great advice about photoing your card and where to go for more help. just keep playing and you'll find something that you'll like.
    Kathy said...
    What a great idea to use a soda can, I would have never thought of that. So creative!

    Everyone has given some great advice on taking photos. I have one thing that helped me, I use a tripod, or even set the camera on a box or flat surface. I found I was moving just enough to shake the camera when I took a picture. But I have those days too when my camera just won't cooperate!

    Thanks for sharing this fabulous recycling idea, I'm planning to try it out.
    Maggie said...
    Very pretty!
    Shelly Schmidt said...
    I love the idea of a soda can for recycling on a card! Great challenge card! TFS

Post a Comment