Sunday, August 30, 2009

Sunday, August 30, 2009

Takes a deep breath...have been super busy. Finally time to update and post my challenge for this week.

Raced around from doctor appointment to doctor appointment...now must have physical therapy.

Then Saturday my daughter, grand daughter and me went tot he Scrapbook/Stamp Show in Somerset, NJ...and it was a blast. Tons of great vendors and classes....and needless to say, did a ton of damage to the charge card. Got some really great new stamps and can't wait to use them.

The challenge for Sweet Dreamers at SplitCoastStampers was to use eyelets...which I didn't have any of but was able to pick up a package at the show. So this is my first attempt as using them...was easy.



I made the card using Neenah White CS, then Black CS and finally a piece of Black and White Striped Cardstock...these were all fastened together with the eyelet. It doesn't show well in the photo but I then stamped four Halloween Inches with Memento Tuxcedo Black and under them stamped using the same Memento Ink the word Halloween. The stamps are from Dimensions Crafts and are really cute. At first I was going to leave it as it is but after taking the photo decided it was too plan so I added a simple black and vanilla bow. I think this will make a perfect Halloween card for a man/boy...not too fussy.

18 Comments:

  1. Mary G. said...
    Great job with the challenge!!! Nice card and you tie a great bow!!!
    Cindy said...
    Great Halloween card, and job on the challenge!! I like the ribbon too!
    Colleen said...
    Good job using eyelets!! I think they are one of my favorite embellishments and love when I use them!!
    Jessy said...
    Hi Sande- I too am from NJ, how funny that I "stumbled" upon your blog. I love your layout and the music too. This card is really neat. Love the ribbon and the design. I will be back for sure. :-) Jess
    Gina said...
    I love eyelets, I think they are fun to play with. Cute Halloween card!
    Kathy said...
    Very nice Halloween card. I love the black and white colors, so elegant. Great use of eyelets!
    Shelly Schmidt said...
    Awesome challenge card- great Halloween card. TFS
    Vicki said...
    Great job Sande! Cute card! Blessings to you!
    Paige said...
    Great card - way to meet the challenge!
    Michelle Forrest said...
    Such a cute card. sounds like you had a wonderful day!
    Heidi said...
    Ok, THIS is very pretty.
    scrappypug said...
    too cool! love it.
    Jennifer said...
    Stopping by from the SCS forum. Great music and card.
    Melody said...
    Great Halloween card!
    Karin said...
    I love seeing all the Halloween cards out there now...thanks for sharing and now you'll be using eyelets for so many cards!
    JessicaLynn said...
    Great blog, I love the crows on the top!

    Jessica Lynn
    Lynn said...
    What a cute windowpane design with this Halloween inchies!! Great job!
    Cheryl Walker said...
    Very pretty hun!!!!

    Have a wonderful day!
    Hugs,
    Cheryl

Post a Comment